Bullit Weels

-

RAMCHARGED

Reaction score
I'm about to install my 17 x 8" Mustang Bullit wheels(5.72" b/s) on my 68 Valiant & I was wondering if anyone is running something like this. I'm mostly wondering about front brake hose clearance with 11 3/4" rotors & floating pin type rear mounted calipers.I can't go front mount with the calipers because of sway bar interference.Has anyone done this & also what brake hoses do you use? I currently have 10 3/4" rotors & sliding calipers & use -3 braided hoses. What size is the thread on the pin type calipers? Thanks in advance & I will post pics very soon.

Ted

those wheels sound familiar...........i have a feeling that a certain someone will chime in........................

do your wheels clear your rotor hub? as in can you put just the rim on the car with no issues? I've heard that you will have to mill the center hub of the wheel out...

i run 11 3/4 brakes on mine, but nowhere near that kinda front backspacing, im 4.5"

I machined the rotor snout so it fits the rim without machining the rim. I might have to run a small spacer because when I did mock-up with my 10 3/4" rotors I have interference with the outer tie-rod end. I was hoping that the larger rotor & hat will give me the extra clearance so I can run without the spacer. So my concern right now is brake lines for rear mounting the pin type calipers. I need to know what fitting size for the caliper? Then I can use my -3 braided lines. Anyone??

Ted

Just bought a set of 17 x 8's myself! Also having local tech school machining the rotor snout down so it will fit the ford wheel center. (Changed from 5 on 4 to 5 on 4 1/2 bolt pattern) My question is, what size tire can we run on these wheels up front and out back. I have a 1967 Barracuda fastback. We are swapping the old 7 1/4 rear for an 8" Granada. It looks like I still will need about 1 1/2 to clear stock leaf location. Keep info coming.

I have already installed my bullit wheels on the rear with 245/45ZR17 tires. They fit perfectly with a 1967 8 3/4" rear from a B-body(a station wagon no less), no rubbing anywere & no spacers needed. The bonus with that rear is 10x2.5" drums,big bolt pattern & much cheaper & easier to find.

ok, couple qwik pics of the rear with 15x7 BBP (41/4"bs I think)P235/60R15.They rubbed on the outer inner fender, so I rolled the fender edge.But they rubbed higher up on the outer inner fender.The bullits needed a little work on the eccentric to fit but easily handled with a die-grinder.otherwise very happy with fit/no rubbing yet & I should be able to use the other lowering bolt hole in my front hangers to drop about an 1".Tires are Falken P245/45ZR17:

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02111.jpg

DSC02113.jpg

DSC02116.jpg

DSC02119.jpg

DSC02120.jpg

DSC02121.jpg

-
Back