bumper chrome

-

340 swing

340swing
Reaction score
I need to get both of my bumpers re-chromed. I have good bumpers but is it worth getting them re-chromed or use them as cores. I was given a price of $325 per bumper for swap he will meet me at Carlisle so there is no shipping. What did you use and how much. Thanks

I've heard some negative about the bumper boys lately, but can't verify. Got my front bumper through an outfit that comes to Carlisle, can't remember their name but I'll look it up. When I got my bumper home there was a BIG crack in the metal itself. I snapped some pics and they made good for it. Chrome is beautiful...flawless, I highly recommend these guys.
regardless whoever you go to...look it over before you accept it, just in case.

Whitey, Do you know how much it cost. I'm trying to get a idea of what these things cost.

I have heard good things about tri city plating, they come to carlise. I used to have a price sheet around but I have no idea where it is. I have never baught anything from bumper boyzs but they are always at carlise and i have heard people walking past their display screaming don't buy from them. This wasn't a one time deal either

i have 2 bumpers from the bumper boyz,,,got them about 9 years ago,,,,they looked great then stil look good now,, if your bumpers are in nice shape as far as being straight,,then find some oen your hapy with to rechrome them,,,,or take your cores to carlisle,, and look over the ones the bumper boyz bring,,,look at the under side,,on the corners,,,if they arent wrinkled and look good to you,,make the deal,,,also get new bolts while you are there,,,

as for tri city,, i had my street rod bumpers done by them,,1940 dodge,,ribbon bumpers,,, they didnt take care of them,,and they broke one in half,,, rechromed them and mailed them to me,,,there were 2 giant dents in one of the bumpers,,they over charged me shipping by enough for me to return them to them by mail,,and them resend to me after they fixed all there mistakes,,they didnt want to admit that they broke the bumbper but the weld was visable on the back,, soft chrome,,scratches very easy,,,friend of mine had a 64 polara bumper done there last summer, was not any thing speacial,,,, good and bad in all,,,its just each persons experiences,,,

Tri city is first rate quality work,i have their bumpers on my duster and had another set they did on my previous duster..i paid $255.00 per bumper 4 years ago,and they still look great..

We have 2 outfits here.Mine went to Souix Plating.$450.00 pair.Dad sends his to Northstar bumper for show chrome,his were $600.00 pair.Is there really a
difference?His are smoother on the edges but overall not worth the extra $$$
for me.Theres an old timer at Souix thats been doing it for years,he may have done mine the first time 25 yrs ago,and knows how to do it well.

They pick ours up from the body shop so we dont have the extra freight bill.
If they know what there doing your old bumpers will work fine.

I used tri city and all is good. I've heard more bad then good about bumper boys. There prices are reasonable.

Thanks for the input. The price I got was from tri city $325 per bumper pick up at carlisle exchange cores. This sounded high to me but I haven't had bumpers re-chromed in years. My cores are nice but I can't find anybody local to re-chrome them. I live in Connecticut any body in driving distance that does this?

-
Back