Bumper interchange? 1973 scamp

-

Kent mosby

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I have a 1973 scamp that had the bumperettes on them. I would like to replace them with bumpers that do not have the slots for the bumperettes. Since many parts interchange with earlier years I was hoping that I could find good quality ones from another model. What, if any models can I look for as replacements? I do not have the shock bumpers.

Front: because of the "beak" you have to go 73 up unless you're willing to change the entire nose, 72 and earlier bumper might fit but will look odd. Fiberglass?
Rear: 70, 71, 72 & 73 will fit ~~ Dart or Scamp.

Front: because of the "beak" you have to go 73 up unless you're willing to change the entire nose, 72 and earlier bumper might fit but will look odd. Fiberglass?
Rear: 70, 71, 72 & 73 will fit ~~ Dart or Scamp.

I want to go from the grey, my car to the purple style bumper for the front. Maybe just find a replacement for the rear.

1973-plymouth-scampvaliant-440-big-block-car-8.jpg

download.jpg

IMG-1866.JPG

mopp-1208-000-1973-plymouth-scamp-340-.jpg
well, the purple did not show up correctly. I will post later

Last edited:
On the front bumper, you can remove the bumperettes and put bumper bolts in then holes. At least it worked on my ‘73 Swinger.
7D67945A-3415-40FD-ADDD-276B8425B3ED.jpeg

I think my front is useable. Maybe polish and/or rechrome.
IMG-1309.JPG

I put in an email to Auto Metal Direct to see if their rear bumper would fit the 1973 scamp. Theirs only lists 71-72 scamp. Has anyone used their rear bumper in a 73 scamp? I just want to be absolutely sure before ordering it. I am going to polish my front bumper as it is still straight. The rear is bent.

1970 Dart rear bumper is the same and AMD sells them. Have them on 2 of my 70 Darts and they look great! Dodge went to double tail lights in 71-73 and you can use them too but you would need the tail lights to go with them

-
Back