Bumper

-
How particular are you? New reproduction ones are available on ebay. If you want the best chrome, then you should re-chrome your old ones.

Just looking for a decent new one. Doesn't have to be show quality necessarily and the car is just a driver. Mine has 2 very small dents and is a little pitted. I installed new tail light lens and trunk panel on the car so the bumper looks a little dated now. Summit had AMD for $200, but they have since went up to around $250, didn't know if there was a cheaper source for them or not.

I got an AMD from Summit Racing and I'm glad I live close. I went through 3 of them before I got a nice looking one and at that it still has a small dent in it but I was tired of screwing around with it and said good enough. I wish I would have spent the money and just had my original rechromed.

I think AMD is the only manufacturer. Summit and other vendors may have slightly different prices. Last time I bought a rechromed one on exchange it was $225 if I recall correctly, as a show special, but that was 10 years ago. I just installed an AMD one from Summit and it looks fine — no visible flaws on the outside.

Or you can wait until December and see if Tamaraz has their 50 off sale like I did and get it for 150. AMD made it. That Tamaraz is just an online parts store.

-
Back