burnin the midnight oil

-

65TerrorCuda

Reaction score
Been workin on my brother's 64 Dart, here's some nighttime photos of the cain manifold with triple SU setup and clifford headers. Might tight fellers...

Attachments

• IMG_1373.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 223
  • IMG_1375.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1376.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 243
Pretty cool setup, but why didn't you clean up the engine bay a little first? Just curious ... nicer to work on when you don't get filthy.

The car sits at the curb and a street sweeper went by... a few times. lol My brother doesn't clean things very often. I pulled the carbs/intake/headers after the pix so they can stay nice n tidy in the garage- currently full of italian scooters and tools :p
Should outflow the original 1-bbl

X2 How much will these help the / in performance? And where do you get this set up?

do you have any pics of the flange of the intake for port size?

depends if he is running upgraded exhaust and internal motor work... i would kill for webers on my 6....

i dont think cain makes anything new these this are just floating around...

Awesome! You're going to want to wrap or thermally coat those headers or you will likely have massive percolation issues with those SU HIF carbs. Clever how you've adapted the original rotating-rod throttle control to the SUs. Will be interested to see what you wind up with for air cleaners. Good resource for SU parts and accessories is…SU.

Triple SU intakes are still available from Australia; see here. At one time I had several different 3xSU intake setups; see here for pics.

I'll get you a pic of the intake ports real soon, but they looked rather stockish to me. The runners are a bit larger than the ports and round, obviously. My brother got this intake from a guy in Canada, and he had an additional lynx triple carb manifold that he wanted to get rid of. Don't know if it's still available.
Performance, I don't know much about that for the /6. The original BBD delivered about the same volume of fuel to the outside of the manifold that it did to the engine.
The difference in weight for headers/aluminum intake/3xcarbs versus the original parts is staggering!
Maybe slantsixdan will show up and inform

Hey Dan, does this manifold look somehow familiar to the one you posted?

Attachments

• IMG_1380.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1381.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG_1382.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_1383.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_1384.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 161
  • Picture 7.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 154
seems all you ever see is used Offy & Clifford for sale or Auction. Would love to see all that are offered for Slant Six engines.

-
Back