Butchered 72 swinger

-

Donks72Dart

Reaction score
Recently bought 72 swinger and did not realize the extent of damage the last idiot that owned it did. Has cut pulled twisted the trans support and body hump so a 4 speed from a b body would fit, rather than making a bracket and moving shifter he butchered the hump. So I have new trans support for both auto,4 speed, but I have a good deal in the works on a fresh 727,t converter,and b and shifter. Do you guys think this would be the way to go or fix what I got with the b/e 4 speed. Not sure what to do with my new 8000 dollar lawn ornament at the moment.

Well if your going to fix and trans hump and support and..... the car aready has the 4speed in it....I would sell the b/e body 4speed use the money from that to buy the correct abody 4speed, shifter and driveshaft. Just my 2cents

Recently bought 72 swinger and did not realize the extent of damage the last idiot that owned it did. Has cut pulled twisted the trans support and body hump so a 4 speed from a b body would fit, rather than making a bracket and moving shifter he butchered the hump. So I have new trans support for both auto,4 speed, but I have a good deal in the works on a fresh 727,t converter,and b and shifter. Do you guys think this would be the way to go or fix what I got with the b/e 4 speed. Not sure what to do with my new 8000 dollar lawn ornament at the moment.

I hate it when I get cars like that. Some people would rather mess up something when do it right would have been easier.

Fix it right.
My cousin just picked up a 73 road runner, nice looking car but the 4-speed shifted like crap.
I took a quick look under it and somebody welded stright rods for shift rods.
They had no bends in them, when a slight bend was needed, they welded another straight rod.
I swear my 2 year old grand daughter could have done a better job.

Bummer!Thats why I do all my own stuff.Now the car is your's do it how you want it. I'm looking to go 4 speed for my bb dart.4 speed is hard on stuff,you tend to break shite here and there,lol.But more fun than an auto imho.

Thanks for the advice,went with the 727 2nd stage shift kit and a 18oo stall converter,should be here monday!!

-
Back