Butchered steering column

-

HQ383

Reaction score
Hi been looking over this dart I brought and noticed the butcher has been at work on my steering column. They have welded a section about 6 inches into shaft between the firewall and steering box....dangerous I reckon. Is this because they had a ps column and my car is manual? Surely this isn't normal practice?

Yup, that was their way of making the shaft reach after the change over. If the weld job is good it will probably work. I would look for a manual shaft and replace that one.

Ok anyone got a manual floor shift steering column? Or shaft or whatever it going to take to make it right? 68 dart

Ok anyone got a manual floor shift steering column? Or shaft or whatever it going to take to make it right? 68 dart

It will be easier to find just the shaft for your column than a complete floor shift column.

I think I have one and i,m in Rosenberg. What color is your dart?.

Red not sure on the exact colour spec going to find out from the previous owner. Just got the car so still trying find my way around it. From Australia so the steering wheel is normally on the other side for me

-
Back