buy a new truck?

-
Well i guess my question is 1500 or 2500
I tow small trailors and haul pretty often... and tow my car to the races now about 5 times a year.
I just dont want to feel like im getting pushed around with a 1500 when im towing the dart... how are the 03 and up 1500 with towing a car.
Is there any difference between the 1500/2500 as far as body style/size options.
What i want is a 2wd 4 door short bed

See my post above. My 1500 does it with no problems. It's a 2wd 4 door short bed. Unless you plan to pull a bobcat around on a regular basis, it's all you need. It pulls great.
100_1608.jpg

I say go for it!
Yes, the V10 mileage is not the best in the world. However, with all vehicles, MPG can be improved, via modification, and DRIVING STYLE. If the commute is as short as you predict, then the gas bill will not be too high, it can pull and carry anything you need, it looks awesome, and in reality, if you can afford a race car, that is aggressive enough to need to be towed, then you can afford the $$ to get it to and from the race track.

well heres the deal gas milage is always in everyones mind somewhat of a factor unless your company pays for it.
Now to me personally if you cant afford gas then take the bus...
But i dont know the thing is affordabilty on buying the vehicle... i dont have 20k to go buy a new truck....
Im still undecided i went and test drove a hemi truck today...
nothing special.. not to interested in the interior which is important to me.
And the outside of the 4 doors are pretty massive trucks.. i think they only look good with a small lift kit on them.
But all and all i dont know either way im just looking for something thats gonna start every morning and be able to take kids and tow a car easy.
Gas milage is last on the list.
Now another truck i found was nice was this
1996 dodge ram ext cab. long bed rancho lift ,4x4 v10 auto,50k on rebuilt motor.
$2700 obo very clean white truck

i have an 04 ram quad cab that i drive every day and i am able to haul my cars with it.no problems as far as power goes.i also have 3kids and it fits us just fine and as far as gas mileage i dont think its as bad as everybody makes out to be.i had a zr2 blazer before i bought this.it got worse gas mileage than my truck

Yah im not sure.
Still very undecided. I can only afford rite now paying cash and saving up to buy a older style truck 2002 and older or so with my price range.
I was just dissapointed in my test drive today with the 05 1500 hemi.
Its a nice truck but just wasnt a great truck. And when i pay 15k or more on a vehicle it has to wow me. My durango had nicer interior and everything for a lesser price. But im just gonna keep browsing and see.

Im thinking about something like this...
late 90's maby 99-02
2500/power everything/ext cab/5.9 ltr./2wd
Not too terrible on gas... 3/4 ton can tow my car easy, not too expensive...

Get the job first. Get a few paychecks under your belt, make sure you enjoy what you are doing. Go get a new 4 door, 0% financing Toyota or Honda good safe economical reliable car. Keep the kids safe, take your time and get the truck you really want later on when you are established.
Just my 2 cents. Best of luck.

What Sparky said.

no matter how great the deals are on "new" trucks, for about three to five "new" truck payments you could do some awesome stuff to your old truck and be unique. Buy some cheap little sedan to haul the kids and keep your classic. Just my 2 cents.

The thing is i "mite" be looking at a job change.The industry around me is shaky so im better off were i am for a while... and now i got my class a and im up for a raise.
The thing is im getting into a bigger house and hoping on a new job and having another kid.
I cant even take one kid anywere in my vehicles....
I cant drive over 50mph in my truck... so i cant get a job even 15-20 miles away because i have to cruise the freeway and its a total hassle.
So being this is the criteria..
-Being able to Tow a CAR easy i.e. no ford ranger...
-Being able to take the kids to the store or something so have a backseat.
-A good truck for work.. toolbox...and so on.
-Be reliable and start every morning...
I understand were your coming from with the 4 door honda civic thing being gas saver and affordable and so on...
But i need a good work truck... Not a gas saver....
Something that can tow a car...
My most important thing is work and towing not gas and kids..
We have a family car but she sometimes goes to work and i need to take the kid somewere and i cant.... so i just need the ability to do so.
And as far as dumping a bunch of money into my old truck instead...
I would need alot of money to make it reliable enough to take to work everyday farther away were im going to work....
Im not going to put money into it just to beat the hell out of it on a job site.
and once again it couldnt tow my car...
So i dono still no conclusion

-
Back