Status
Not open for further replies.

r66cuda

Baby-boomer member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have for sale one of the funnest, coolest cars you will ever own. This is a very rare 1966 Plymouth Barracuda freshly painted last year in Viper Red, and it pops! This car is a classic and gets views, comments, thumbs up, etc… everywhere it goes. Every time I drive it to the market in town I have an audience, especially since I painted it.
It has a stock 225 Slant Six, top end rebuilt a couple of years ago, & Automatic Floor Console. New Windshield, New Front and Back Windshield Locking Strips, Rebuilt Front End and Springs, I put over $2,500 in Upholstery @ Furner's in Chico: Marine Red Carpet Front & Back & Trunk, Red Velvet & Red Vinyl Seats, Doors & Dash Redone, Snakebite Red Roof Liner. Gorgeous! 1,000 Watt Stereo System with 10 CD Changer Available. New Center Red Tail Lenses to Replace faded ones. 60 Series 14" White Lettered Tires I'm Replacing in a week or Two, American Racing 14x7 Aluminum "Outlaw" Rims. Lots more extras & work I can't remember. My neighbor, Buck, did almost all the bodywork & paint. I estimate over 60 hours total; it was a rough
project.
A Little History: We found my 1966 Plymouth Barracuda in Paradise , CA on April 1, 1999. I saw an ad on April Fool's Day in the Local Dollar Saver for "$400 OBO." I called & said "This is a gag, right?" The guy says "No gag, a lady stored it here, going through a divorce & wants to sell." I told my wife I was taking the day off, and she & I jumped on my Motorcycle and headed up the hill to Paradise. The car was sitting under a pine tree with lots of pine needles & sap on it, and the biker guy who stored it had a Motorcycle Gas tank inside the hood to make it run,
because the gas line was packed with dirt & crud. So I called the lady owner, who had the title, met her and her reluctant "X" at his local restaurant the following Sunday(Easter!). He didn't want to sell it under $1,000, but she had possession of the title, still in his name. He sold it to keep peace. I even found a Mobile Notary to witness signatures, got a Towing Co. to show up Easter, & bought it for $400! True story. I've got to find the previous owner and show him the car now before I sell it. He won't believe it.
I've had this car since 1999, working on it little by little, and have put well over $12,000 into it and have a ton of receipts. I have a few minor details to finish if I keep it.
I need $12,000 for it right now, $14,000 if I finish a few details. It runs fine. You can PM me here - No delivery; I'd like to sell my car to someone in the Northern Calif./Southern Ore. area, or someone willing to drive. I'm located just off I-5 a few miles north of Red Bluff, CA. See several pics below; I have scores of pics and video dating from 1999 available! That's me with the beard in the pic with Buck. I'm happy to have you come by and see my car, but serious inquiries only, please. The pics don't do it justice, you have to see it in person!

Attachments

• 'Cuda #1 left rear 'before' pic-4-08.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 295
  • Buck & Me-'Cuda #1-8-08.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 'Cuda #1 rear, during Buck's bodywork-9-08.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 297
  • 'Cuda #1 rear, Buck views primer-9-08.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 292
  • Diane checks out new paint on 'Cuda #1 back at home-11-08.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 292
  • 'Cuda #1 front left paint & trim done-4-09.jpg