Buying another car

-

zhandfull

Reaction score
I have to stop looking at cars. I have a couple projects already that need my attention. However this morning went and looked at a 66 Barracuda. Here is what I seen.

Driver side door and rear quarter panel pretty ugly damage. Passenger floor rusted out. front bumper bent up pretty bad.

Normally I would be done looking at this car based on the items I just listed.

However I was blinded by the fact that the car is a formula S car with original paint, interior, engine, and wheels. It appears the only missing items are the centers for the original hub caps. This car even has the original deep chrome lugnuts still on it.

So after I offer a lowball price so hopefully I would not drag it home. He declind but took my number. On the drive home I thought how stupid not to buy this car. The price is already reasonable. So I called when I got home and made the deal happen.

Some of the highlights of the car
273 4barrel carb.
4 speed console
tach.
original 14" deep dish wheels with disc front brakes
Formula S package
posi rear end
fender tag on car that verifys the car
original air cleaner, valve covers, dual point dist., steel fan shroud

Very exciting purchase for me. Pictures to follow later just had to share with someone other than the wife.

COOL! Another "S" owner that can get involved with trying to create a Registry for these cars!! Good luck!

Was that the car over in Zusa?

Saw it and thought it wasn't bad, too much stuff here already. :)

Nice to get it and rolling again, has some great potential.

Was that the car over in Zusa?

Saw it and thought it wasn't bad, too much stuff here already. :)

Nice to get it and rolling again, has some great potential.

Yea thats the one, I have too much too but a 66 Barracuda was my first car and I'm a sucker for original cars that havent been modified yet.

Attachments

• Formula S 66 Barracuda 006 (Small).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 007 (Small).jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 66
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 002 (Small).jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 55
  • Formula S 66 Barracuda 005 (Small).jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 65
Normally I can care less about fender tags and broadcast sheets. However with the vin. and fender tag being intact and the fact its a formula s car I had to look for the broadcast sheet.
I check the top of glovebox since that was easy no tools required nothing there. Decided to pull the back seat I was sure it would be there. I was a little disappointed that it was not. The floors have some minor rust and have seen water so at this point I'm thinking finding a good broadcast sheet will not happen. I soldier on taking out the passenger seat to only find crusty carpet if the broadcast sheet was there it is no good now. Last and not least I decided to pull the driver seat and look under the carpet and found it! I could not be happier with its condition.

These Formula S cars really need all the paper work to be worth any money in the future.

Attachments

• Formula S 66 Barracuda 013 (Small).jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 69
-
Back