bypass help needed

-

37fleetwood

Reaction score
I know this sounds like I don't know what I'm doing but is there a solution to this problem?
I have an older intake with the smaller bypass hose and I am using the newer aluminum water pump which takes a larger hose. right now I'm using what came with the intake which is a pipe nipple and a pipe adapter but it looks kinda hokey. do they make a hose with two different sizes, or a nipple for the intake that starts out small and has the larger hose bib?
p1020232.jpg

Check out the plumbing section of a hardware or home improvementceter or better yet a Tractor Supply for a brass hose barb fitting of the correct size. They come in various hose and pipe end sizes

You could slip the smaller diameter hose onto the nipple all of the way to the manifold and then slide the larger hose over it. My friend bought and LD340 intake that there was no removing the smaller nipple, so he did that and it worked fine for years and only you will know.

A good old parts store with real printed catalogs will have a belt and hose master catalog with a pictorial section cross referenced by inlet/outlet size. Know your numbers, maybe even take an old bypass hose with you; go to the proper section and have at it! If they don't have it in, stock, they can probably get it in a day or two. Good luck.

You could slip the smaller diameter hose onto the nipple all of the way to the manifold and then slide the larger hose over it. My friend bought and LD340 intake that there was no removing the smaller nipple, so he did that and it worked fine for years and only you will know.

This is exactly what you do, if you can't change nipple.

-
Back