Bypass hose for Edelbrock Magnum intake to old style pump

-

nrp3

Reaction score
Anybody use the Edelbrock 7577 Magnum Air Gap Intake and the LA style water pump? What bypass hose do you use? The standard LA bypass hose can be forced into place by trimming it down, but ends up somewhat twisted/kinked.

I had the same problem on my Blueprint engine, I hated the bypass hose set up and made this so any 3/4X90 would work. The fittings are AN16 push-on hose.
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Nice set up. I don't think it will clear my Bouchillon AC compressor mount, though. However, it gives me something to think about. How did you attach the AN fitting to the hose barb on the pump?

My Blueprint engine came with an Edelbrock water pump and that made it possible because it has pipe threads instead of barb fittings.

I may end up going to a similar setup because I still can't make it work. I went to a stainless fitting that's shorter, but can't thread it in far enough to help. The threads in the manifold are all messed up and I may have to buy a 3/4 npt tap to clean them up. I may also need to go to that pump too.

What brand of fittings did you use? I just bought a Jegs kit for the fuel line from the mech pump to the carb. Those AN fittings are nice to work with.

I'm pretty sure they were Aeroquip socketless fittings, I bought them through Summit. 12AN was the size.

-
Back