cable or valve body

-

iggys68dart

Reaction score
im trying to get my 904 shifting correctly but it is missing linkage so should i go with lokar kit or something else i am a novice at this type of thing i can change parts but im no mechanic also working on a tight budget any points would be helpful i have already learned alot just reading other posts thanks again

im trying to get my 904 shifting correctly but it is missing linkage so should i go with lokar kit or something else i am a novice at this type of thing i can change parts but im no mechanic also working on a tight budget any points would be helpful i have already learned alot just reading other posts thanks again
Buy the Lokar setup and forget all the linkage stuff(unless you wnt #,s mathching?)put the old stuff in a box and cruise.8)

Don't run it at all until you get something on it (either a Lokar, Bouchillion cable setup or stock linkage) or you'll toast the trans. in a heartbeat. The throttle valve linkage regulates clutch pressure so under light throttle it don't slam gears in. Without the linkage (or cable) the throttle pressure will always be low allowing the clutch plates to slip and burn up real fast. It won't shift right without it on there so you have to get it.

FYI: I run the Lokar cable and it works real good and was easy to adjust. I have heard some guys say the Bouchillion is a better cable but I don't know.

-
Back