Reaction score
moparlee requested some additional cage pictures so here they are

65 Valiant 003.jpg

65 Valiant 004.jpg

65 Valiant 001.jpg

65 Valiant 002.jpg

Nice project! :thumblef:

Looks like a 1965 Valiant, to me.

What are you going to use for drivetrain??

10 point or more can use a 1-5/8" tube. 8 points need a 1-3/4" tube.

Nice, got pictures of the bars going thru the package tray and where they landed in the trunk? Thanks.

Lee

Yes this is my 65 Valiant not sure on engine yet but I have an Indy headed 418 that I'm thinking about adding a Paxton blower and nitrous to for this car.

The color is called Viper Red two stage made by Valspar I think.

The cage is chromoly 1 5/8" tubing

The rear bars have been kept up high and follow the rear window through the package tray and they tie in to the floor near the upper shock mounts if I remember right. I'm hoping to put the rear seat back in and it be usable for my young daughter. I'll try and get some more pictures of the rear area.

Just don't have the car home right now.

Thanks for the pictures and explaining how they went thru the back. I'm worried that I won't be able to get the seat in once it's the cage is in. So I'm going to buy a fire blanket and cover it up and the door panels. I'm wanting the rear seat so I can haul my girls around also.

Lee

I was pretty sure that was Viper Red, and the reason I asked is because that's the color I have planned for my 66. When you get your trim back on, post some more pics so we can see what it looks like all decked out. I bought a pint of that color last summer and sprayed it on my buddies lawn tractor for him, just to see what it would look like. It sure tantalizes the eyeballs. :) And he has the ONLY Viper Red lawn mower in town!! :thumblef:

I'll post more pictures but the trim is going out for rechroming not sure how long this will take. The guy works out of his garage probably because of enviromental laws here in California

Sure enjoy this early a body forum nice to know I'm not the only one that likes these cars.

I ve gotten some questions I hope you could answer. The main hoop, does it just weld to the plate or the top and bottom part of the frame and plate?

Please excuse my intrusion, but I must point out that it is not safe for anyone in the backseat of a caged car! Especially someone you love as dearly as your daughter. All those iron tubes can kill her if you are hit. Make any excuse you want, justify it anyway you want, but the bottom line is that cage can kill a rearseat passenger. Your cage by design protects and hard mounts the seats and front passenger. no way to do the same thing with the rear seat. That cross bar holding your seat back will smash her precious little face to bits. I made the same mistake and thought the same thing. However once I was educated I had to resign myself to the fact that my Duster is now a 2 person vehicle. My daughter can ride in the Duster in the front seat. Sorry to be a ballbuster, better now than after we have to read the thread announcing the passing of your backseat passenger. Nice looking car, my interior and cage is also going to be red. Keep sending pics. Dan

-
Back