Caliber SRT-4. Buy or pass on it?

-
image.png

Another shot

id pass on the caliber srt's. They are kinda a orphan car and i would think parts are hard to get. I have a SRT4 neon for 6 years, it can be needy, and parts are generally plentiful because they used that engine in PT's through 2009... AND 25000 SRTs 2003-2005 calibers didnt sell well something like 1000 for BOTH years.

just option/gut/logic... never owned one. considering LX's are getting cheap, i'd go hemi and RWD ;-)

I bought a 2007 Caliber R/T AWD in 2006 brand new. It's a 2.4 liter with the CVT. All in all it's been a good car. However the one issue I did have with it (and you guys need to look out for this) is the rear cross member rotted out. The rear differential was flopping back and forth.This happened almost 10 years.after I bought it. I remember thinking hmmmmm I couldn't be the only one to have this problem. So after checking online I found that on CERTAIN Calibers there was a factory recall on this (10 years or 100,000 miles) and I was literally 2 weeks away from the 10 year mark!!!!! To Chryslers credit they not only changed the rear cross member but also the front and it didn't cost me a dime. I also had the alternator issue where it sounded like I had a diesel engine under the hood. Turns out it's the alternator pulley. They are made to freewheel when you let up off of the gas and they have ball bearings in them that fall out. Finally, like all new cars, the rubber bushings are gonna squeak. Just my .02

-
Back