Caliper Bands??????

-

MoparBrit

HillingdonDart
Reaction score
Finished rebuilding and refinishing all the brake and suspension pieces ready to do the swap of the '73 Dart lbp disc brakes onto the '71. Bought new calipers. Came with new hardware etc. Nice. Question is they came with two rubber band looking pieces in each caliper box hardware bag. Where do these go?

Cheers

i do not know. but i saw those when i bought my new calipers. i didnt see any when i took my old ones off so i didnt put them anywhere. my brakes still work. but it would be nice to know what they are for.

we concluded on another board they should be held with one finger, pulled back with the other, released aimed across the garage and note the distance. :D

Not needed. :D

For no reason should they be put around your wrist and then pulled back and let go of...this causes severe pain in the wrist area.

I agree, their not needed.

There is a very good reason for them. They are used to create topics on web forms! Now that they have done that you should follows Goodys idea.

Ha, ha, ha, thanks for giving me a good laugh everyone! Just what I needed this AM.

I had considered that the manufacturer realized that they were mostly bought by people redoing their entire brake and suspension at the same time. As such they were a suspension cotter pin disposal tool............

Cheers

-
Back