Call me crazy- sent something to a member without payment

-
Was negotiating with a fellow, giving him a list of what I needed for my build on the other side of the country (never met him before). When I was done with the list, I asked how we were going to close the deal and he told me the parts were already on the way. He sent $1100 worth of parts, and paid shipping without receiving a cent. Four years later we are good friends, although I have still never met him!

Yep, I did it. Don't know him. Never knew anything about him. Emails are on point, we are working out how to reduce shipping cost, and I figured this is one time I just need to put it in a direction..... Member got it, payed asap, and we have had a conversation or 2 about people and how they act today....

Always trust your gut (or cape lol) and it will work out. I don't know that it would ever happen again with me but I am just relaying to the group that we have some solid people here.....

JW
I have sent parts to folks on FABO before got payment. Never a problem. Have also received stuff before payment from regulars here. If you can't trust an A body Moparite who can you trust

I've done it too. Also given a lot of parts away recently. Also tried to sell some at what I thought were reasonable prices with no bites. Those are fixin to get beat the **** out of with a sledge hammer. lol

I've done it too. Also given a lot of parts away recently. Also tried to sell some at what I thought were reasonable prices with no bites. Those are fixin to get beat the **** out of with a sledge hammer. lol
I know ur a fair man Rusty. But by beating the **** out of stuff ur just defeating the purpose and depriving someone of a needed part. Sell it for a little less and keep the hobby going strong. And yes I do my part for the hobby. Kim

I know ur a fair man Rusty. But by beating the **** out of stuff ur just defeating the purpose and depriving someone of a needed part. Sell it for a little less and keep the hobby going strong. And yes I do my part for the hobby. Kim

Hell I offered it for 100 plus shippin. Somebody don't want it for that it's hammer fodder. lol

Ya right now selling sucks. A guy said shipping was too much. So I asked if I should include shipping. His answer was a resounding yes. Part was $100.00 plus $20.00 shipping. So I told him $120.00 shipped. He got pissed. Kim

Ya right now selling sucks. A guy said shipping was too much. So I asked if I should include shipping. His answer was a resounding yes. Part was $100.00 plus $20.00 shipping. So I told him $120.00 shipped. He got pissed. Kim

Oh well. It's not like it's takin up room. I got a guyon Facebook is a truck driver. Says he's gonna give me my original 175 askin price. Not holdin my breath.......nobody else has said they want it. But yeah, it ain't the best time I reckon.

-
Back