Calling out all our wisconsin members

-

swifter

Reaction score
July 27th at great lakes dragway -all mopar event-car show and racing-last year sucked in a big way lets make this bigger than its ever been, they already cut it back to one day lets not see it end -Steve a.k.a swifter

I was there last year. Not too bad. I'll go again this year, planning on it anyway.

Union grove wis. -right off the ffreewaygoogle-great lakes dragway

Here is a link for the ad to the show. It really is a cool place to hang! Lots of history at Great Lakes. I was in Colorado for the Mile High Nats several years ago with my older brother. Talking to some guy there who asked where I was from. I mentioned I lived near the Illinois Wi. state line and he asked me if I ever heard of Great Lakes Dragaway. LOL. Anyway, here is the link.

http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index.php?page=moparfest

If you can make it great, if you can't, maybe some other time!

they have Finally been putting some money back into the Grove. from what I have heard they have put in some new concrete in the pits. still needs some more work / cleanup. that being said I am with Swifter the more people there the better. A lot of people worked hard to get the Two day event last year ( hoping for a better turn out ).
unfortunately it was a Bust. Some of which could be due to its date every year ( really close to the Nats ). Would be great to have a big FABO turn out.

Looks like Louie's link is to last years Event.

I spent most every Wednesday night at GLD for grudge-racing back in the day. I'm already going to another show on the 27th or I'd be there. Have fun!

Wish it was Saturday but I think that's when they're running Midwest Street Fest, we'll be there the 27th, black 67 barracuda fast back

Ok, sorry for that. Their web site is whacked. Whacked because they have the flyer for last years event, not this year. And they wonder why people don't go? **** has to be better promoted that that! I sent an e-mail, being nice now, and brought it to their attention. Lets see how they respond. Anyway, here is a link to the home site with the calendar for July.
http://www.greatlakesdragaway.com/index.php?page=2014schedule

Well in their defense I know they spent money advertising last year on the radio and got nothing for it but, I agree 100% they need to advertise more and spend a couple bucks on a coat of paint. Last time we were there the place was looking pretty rough.
I'm going to try and make it down.

Well in their defense I know they spent money advertising last year on the radio and got nothing for it but, I agree 100% they need to advertise more and spend a couple bucks on a coat of paint. Last time we were there the place was looking pretty rough.
I'm going to try and make it down.

The tower is painted up again, the pits have a new drainage system and some of the pot holes have been fixed. Marcel is making improvements but Rome wasn't built in a day.

Bottom line for me, I 60' harder there than I ever have at Byron and being a guy who runs clocks off and grudge racer GLD treats me better, Byron won't even cut the time slip in half!

Now the weather forecast calls for a 60% chance for storms Sunday.... Crap. Was hoping to see some more Mopars, maybe even some new ones. Keeping my fingers crossed!!

I would go but there is a show in Lennon with storms possible today , I'll be closer to home in Kanyon then the Grove , sorry

Look for pictures under GLD Dragaway/ general discussions.

We had a good time, the car we brought ran a little slower than usual but nothing broke so we'll take that. Didn't see swifter around today.

As posted in the racers thread we were without a trany.pick it up today lol-A&A transbrakes on back order but we tried -steve

-
Back