Callout decal, where ?

-

MAPS

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
i'm having a hard time trying to decipher the exact location of the 340 callout decal (hood) for the Duster. Is there any place I can go, to see/buy.....to be sure the decal is in its correct location on the hood.
Have looked at a few different cars and they all seem to have them at various and different places on their hoods.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
MAPS

McCoy..
Thanks but I have the decal (no less an original NOS that you will never know after its put on lol) the problem is I don't know where it goes, exactly. On the hood.
I don't need right driver's side.. Near the front etc.. I'd like to know if there is anywhere I can read/ the exact location.
Thanks again.
MAPS

The decals were put on by different people at different times at different plants, so there is not an 'exact' location.

PCG only supplied me with one of the photos in the link above, no dimensions. You'll need to extrapolate from the photo, find someone with factory assembly drawings, or reference an original knowing that there may be variances as noted above. Small decal placement is easier to come by.

The assembly plants had some sort of template to properly locate every decal on the exterior of the cars. I am pretty sure most people that reproduce decals have some kind of layout/dimensioning scheme. I recall buying Road Runner (fender) birds, and even they came with a little illustration.

i'm having a hard time trying to decipher the exact location of the 340 callout decal (hood) for the Duster. Is there any place I can go, to see/buy.....to be sure the decal is in its correct location on the hood.
Have looked at a few different cars and they all seem to have them at various and different places on their hoods.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
MAPS

Looking at the factory brochures;
the vertical 'stick' coming out of the '4', is pointing pretty much towards the driverside marker light on the side.
That should help lining it up on the hood imo.

6142039279_25407b64db.jpg

8740260685_08033371d4_b.jpg

As has been stated these decals were all over the map. Some mount them too far forward on the hood. These were put on in two ways mostly. One is at a 45 degree on the corner like mine. The other is like this hood which is reported to be original.

20160715_112523.jpg

20150719_110901.jpg

I have the picture from the ads but I just thought there may be some "point placed" so I guess I'll go with as close as possible..... But I like to say "you can't be a " little " pregnant... Lol and close enough is only good in horse shoes and grenades...... Sometimes shaving.
I want to thank everyone for their input. Thank you guys, truly grateful.
MAPS...

-
Back