Caltrac or assassins

-

elevensies

Reaction score
Sure this has been answered before, but I can't find any direct answer.

I think the caltracks set up with mono leaf are the best???

But the assassins work better with stock multi leaf???

How off the ball park am I with this?

Both will work but one will bend the front segment and one wont over time. Caltracs have beent lots of leaf springs at the front. Assasin bars are fsr more adjustable to boot.

Google "Smith Racecraft"... Supposedly more adjustable than Cal Tracs

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 469
I'm going to be researching both. I'll be having traction issues in a few months!

Buckets?? I have the 7/8ths offset shackles and fronts. The bolt in style from mopar. They bolted up with zero interference. My rear end housing leaf pads are offset as well. Did it all at one time.

Buckets??

Some of us have moved our springs all the way in to the frame rails. The buckets are what is welded into the cut frame. The conventional bolt in front spring hanger is thrown away. This is the best picture I could find right away. You can barely see the "bucket" to the left where the spring hanger was originally bolted.

Dartbrakes017Medium.jpg

Ok now i see what you are saying. This is the best pic i got of the front section. It does not mount at the front of the spring. It only has an arm at the pivot/leverage point of the front eyelet of the leaf.

It looks like it will work on the buckets. It appears to only be attached to the spring. Next question, anybody have any idea how to tune them. Seems like quite a few options.

Interesting thread. How is the ride affected? There have been comments regarding the Caltracs making the ride harsh.

-
Back