Caltrac? Still need the "hook" But want to sit lower

-

6cudawudashuda9

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls! Im looking to update the look of my 69 cuda fastback by lowering the rear of the car But I dont want to lose in 60' times. Right now im running 1.33 60' and 10.20's in the 1/4 very consistently on superstock springs and a transbrake. What Im wondering is, How much lower will the Caltrac system make the car sit? Ive been told that this system works Very Well once you get it dialed in. Any truth to that? Im puting this car back on the street with all glass and interior back in, and it will still see weekend track duty. I realize the car will be a little slower because of the added weight of the glass and interior and thats ok with me, but I want it to hook at least as good as it does now. Im just tired of the oldschool superstock look. Thanks All!

Hi guys and girls! Im looking to update the look of my 69 cuda fastback by lowering the rear of the car But I dont want to lose in 60' times. Right now im running 1.33 60' and 10.20's in the 1/4 very consistently on superstock springs and a transbrake. What Im wondering is, How much lower will the Caltrac system make the car sit? Ive been told that this system works Very Well once you get it dialed in. Any truth to that? Im puting this car back on the street with all glass and interior back in, and it will still see weekend track duty. I realize the car will be a little slower because of the added weight of the glass and interior and thats ok with me, but I want it to hook at least as good as it does now. Im just tired of the oldschool superstock look. Thanks All!

I have seen a 68-69 cuda with a 31 inch tall tire and 1 inch drop mono springs and it sat at stock height (stock springs) or maybe a tad little lower.Diffidently not a jacked up in the air super stock look.

-
Back