cam bearing mfg recommendations

-

megavites

Reaction score
was ready to do a cam swap on a good running 1975 318 and found the cam bearings flaked up. Going to talk to machine shop, but don’t know there Mopar knowledge.

Searching around, seen some bad reviews on the Sealed power bearings not fitting well. Someone else posted that Durabond makes most of the ones you see, except Federal Mogul.

Does it just come down to the shop getting a set to work?

Any recommendations on brand?
DBrIARuyWcmPVmYBRVTStw7UGYvs6Id8wdJ3ZPJdUOoMy31BNeXwJ2adHkCpVPdsRdOOSWXw8azVdaOXdf=w1572-h884-no.jpg

was ready to do a cam swap on a good running 1975 318 and found the cam bearings flaked up. Going to talk to machine shop, but don’t know there Mopar knowledge.

Searching around, seen some bad reviews on the Sealed power bearings not fitting well. Someone else posted that Durabond makes most of the ones you see, except Federal Mogul.

Does it just come down to the shop getting a set to work?

Any recommendations on brand?
View attachment 1715052608

I've run worse that that many times. Unless you are going to run 600 pounds open and 200 on the seat I'd let them go.

I would not run them, how was the oil pressure? are they o.e.? how many miles?

unknown mileage and no oil press. gauge setup yet.
Cam journals where scored. Bores have a lip so I'm going to pull it and do it right.
No sense in being back at this point down the road.

unknown mileage and no oil press. gauge setup yet.
Cam journals where scored. Bores have a lip so I'm going to pull it and do it right.
No sense in being back at this point down the road.

You'd better look further than cam bearings then. If the rest of the bearings look like that...

The dura bond hi performance version in the box version are the gooduns!! I used them in my 360. Were a little tricky to line up but not to bad. Just drove em in carefully and took our time to do so. It helps that my dad is a old school chrysler mechanic!:thumbsup:

-
Back