Cam Help!

-

Chrippa

Reaction score
Hi!

Have a kind of serious problem with my cam! I recently tore my engine down to fix one of the heads and now i have finally got it back from repair!

I imported the car and didnt get the cam card with the car! I have the specs on the cam but cannot find it on comp cams website! As i dont live in the US comp cams help phone is kinda expensive!
So the problem is, how am i gonna set the valve lash adjustment!?

The cam specs are as follows:

Cam is a Comp cams V 9215; S112-14, .534intake and .540 exhaust and duration @50 239 int. and 242 exhaust.

Does someone know ?

Cheers ! Chrippa

Hello!

Can you tell us if this is a hydraulic cam, hydraulic roller cam, or a mechanical cam? We're assuming that its going in a small block?

We're on the phone with Comp Cams weekly so we can look into it for you and see what we can find out.

Any other information you can provide will help us!

Thanks!:mrgreen:

outrageously_vintage said:
Hello!

Can you tell us if this is a hydraulic cam, hydraulic roller cam, or a mechanical cam? We're assuming that its going in a small block?

We're on the phone with Comp Cams weekly so we can look into it for you and see what we can find out.

Any other information you can provide will help us!

Thanks!:mrgreen:

Sorry if i was a little short on info :D

There are solid lifters , so that gives a mechanical cam! And yes it sits in a small block 340 , its stroked to 416 cui.
I also have mopar performance alu heads with roller tip lifters, dont know brand of the rocker arm.

I would be so thankfull if you could just ask them!!

Thanks!! :)

Cheers! Chrippa

We did a little research, so this will give you something for over the weekend.

Valve setting goes as follows: .016 Intake and .018 Exhaust

We believe these are the specs, however we will confirm it with Comp on Tuesday, and get back to you.

Talk to you soon! :thumbup:

Outrageously Vintage

outrageously_vintage said:
We did a little research, so this will give you something for over the weekend.

Valve setting goes as follows: .016 Intake and .018 Exhaust

We believe these are the specs, however we will confirm it with Comp on Tuesday, and get back to you.

Talk to you soon! :thumbup:

Outrageously Vintage

Thank you so much for the help! Really appriciate it ! :)

Love your Dart by the way :thumbup:

Chrippa,

Hello!

Ok here is the info you're looking for:

Valve Lash Settings:

.018 Intake .020 Exhaust (Hot)

We were close!

Anyway, hope this helps you out. If you ever need anything, please feel free to e-mail us [email protected] or PM us here.

We have many customers out of the country and are happy to help however we can!

Have a great day! :thumbup:

Bob & Cici :D
Outrageously Vintage, Inc.

Yea you were really close :)

You made my day great :thumbup:

Thank you so much for your help!! Now im happy to have my Duster up and going again :D :D

Cheers!! // Chrippa

-
Back