Cam ID help

-

mathewdylang

Reaction score
I was told a block I hot had a purple cam in it. Now that I have it out I don't think it's a purple cam. Can anyone help ID it by stamp/cast numbers?
stamped in back is 150062CD on top, the bottom has 69-37-098 stamped on top of 42z63-0?
casting is 1136, c1, d1, b8, and a big 03 by distributor gear.

Most, if not all of them had some purple paint at the end by the distributor gear.

That's why I don't think it's a purple cam anymore. I'm not really sure how to go about looking up the stamped numbers.

So I know I havent been active on this post recently but I think I may have found the cam. I was searching summit and just at random typed in one of the numbers I found. 150062, without typing cd. Crane hydraulic flat tapped came up. It's the only thing I have came close to on these numbers and it's been eating at me. Is it possible this is my cam? It comes up as sbm. If so, what is the cd at the end?

I was told a block I hot had a purple cam in it. Now that I have it out I don't think it's a purple cam. Can anyone help ID it by stamp/cast numbers?
stamped in back is 150062CD on top, the bottom has 69-37-098 stamped on top of 42z63-0?
casting is 1136, c1, d1, b8, and a big 03 by distributor gear.

I'll pull out my old Crane Camshaft Catalog.

But that sounds like you have a 'Crane Energizer' {.480" Lift ~ 284* Duration}, which
is 'Purple Shaft' knock-off.

It is a damn good Street Camshaft.

Would it be a decent low boost cam? It said mild performance with its power band being 3000-6200 with valve float at 6800.

Would it be a decent low boost cam? It said mild performance with its power band being 3000-6200 with valve float at 6800.

Matt,

The 284-H-12 'Crane Energizer' has a real good 'Mid-Range Torque' pull. It does not provide for added Torque on the 'Low-End'.

The 'Energizer' Camshaft really is designed for 'Mid-Range' and kicks in strong at around 3400 RPM's.

Lift ....................... .480"
Duration ................. 284*
Duration @ .050" ..... 228*
LSA ........................ 112*
Center-Line ............. 107*
Overlap ................... 64*

Well the turbo I'm looking at comes on around 3-3500rpm range. But I don't know anything about camshaft selection for older motors with boost. I've always had subarus and Mitsubishi

-
Back