cam ideas

-

paul smart

Reaction score
im putting together a 505 rb with a 871 blower the motor is a 7.1 rod 4.25 inch eagle crank set up with 37 cc dished pistons adding up to about 9.1 comp ratio.. this said its going into a a body cuda with 456 gears and a manual trans any info of phone numbers to people will be appreciated..also any experience with this type of set up is appreciated too as its my first rodeo with a forced induction motor..thanks:burnout:

you won't like that gear. is it going to be fuel injected or carbed? what size rear tire? it looks fairly big in your sig pic. the cam is best speced from a company.

Give, Tim at Bullet a call. He's very knowledgeable and will talk to you about your combo, and what you are looking to accomplish with it. I'd go solid roller, with less aggressive lobes. I didn't see if you said what cylinder head you're using, that's fairly important with camshaft selection. And, I agree with the above, you shouldn't need that much gear.

Tires are 29 by 18s I believe. They are stored right now the heads are 440 source home ported gasket matched etc. compression ratio close to 9.1 with 38 thickness head gaskets. Now I plan to upgrade the springs retainers and locks as these heads are prob 3-4 years old now. That being said that was when 440 source was having issues with locks and retainers

Other than you using a roots style blower, and having a bit more stroke. You are fairly close to my 496 raised deck. Here is my cam card... May help give you some direction.

Attachments

• 20130911_175314.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 122
Years ago when i was building my 468 BBC i was looking at building a blower motor. I wish i had now instead of nitrous. Any way. I spoke to Donny Hampton at hampton blowers. He had a cam spec for me with one on his 8-71 blowers with 12 lbs of boost he told me 900 hp would be easy to achieve. Call someone who knows or who has been doing this for a long time like a reputable engine builder who does performance builds.

-
Back