Cam Question

-

Wrencher

Reaction score
Well i was just asking about a timing issue in a previous thread, and i typically go by the thought process that anything worth doing..... is worth overdoing:)

With that said, if i wind up tearing into my slant 6 which im presuming is a 225 to go after a timing issue, i might as well shell out for a cam and lifters, if im going to shell out for cam and lifters, im sure as hell not going back with another stock one...... with that said, is there a cam out there that would give a good kick in the *** to a slant 6 without head work and changing compression?

I see fleabay has a comp cams 260H kit with valve springs and all, but 260??? smooth idle? seems so tame. According to the spec sheet, it seems like it would be a great mid range cam offering a decent boost in power. i thought mopar was the only ones still making a cam for this engine..... who knew.

if i do it, id complete it by going with a header and probably a 500cfm holley, possibly smaller, 500 so big to such a little engine.....

would i gain enough power by doing this to make it worth the investment?

well reading the spec sheet helps two..... lol
#
Valve Lift Int/Exh 440/440
#
Duration Adv.Int/Exh in degrees 260/260
#
Duration @.050 Int/Exh in degrees 212/212
#
Lobe Centerline 110

How does that compare to a stock cam?

I saw that, I have solid lift, but im sure the cam is available with solid lifters nonetheless, I built one of these when i was 16 and i seem to remember the piston being a mile down in the cylinder at TDC. Milling the head would help a bit im sure...

-
Back