Cam Sensor WTF!

-

Tincup

Reaction score
I finally fired my motor this afternoon, it started right up. But my question is, I had the cam sensor unplugged so I could crank the motor without it starting so I could get the oil pressure up, and the damn thing started up??? Luckily the Oil pressure shot right up. I didn't think it would start without a cam signal.....:blackeye:

I think it just started in limp mode. On the new efi motors you need to either kill the fuel or the spark. I usually just unplug the fuel pump relay.

Disconnect Crank sensor. Most engines today can start without cam sensor. Some can even start missing the crank sensor now

about if the cam sensor will prevent it from firing...

That being said...

CONGRATS on a start-up!

JOE

Congrats on lighting off your Hemi!!!!!:wav:

What are you using for a computer? Factory? FAST? AEM?

The computer probably just went into wasted spark mode, firing on both the compression and exhaust stroke. Incidentally, most cars start in wasted spark mode, then switch to firing only on the compression stroke. The 2003 Hemi aways ran in wasted spark, as a way to reduce emissions.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks Guy's, you learn something new everyday.

Congrats on lighting off your Hemi!!!!!:wav:

What are you using for a computer? Factory? FAST? AEM?

The computer probably just went into wasted spark mode, firing on both the compression and exhaust stroke. Incidentally, most cars start in wasted spark mode, then switch to firing only on the compression stroke. The 2003 Hemi aways ran in wasted spark, as a way to reduce emissions.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

I'm using a stock ecm programmed by Hotwire.

-
Back