Cam sugestion

-

plymouth1937

Reaction score
Hi you all im pulling my hair on finding a dicent cam for my street engine .....
Specs:
318 std bore comp 9:1 ported 302 heads bigger ex valves roller rockers match ported mid rice intake eddy 750 msd 6al blaster coil 1 3/4 block huggers dual 2.5 ex stock 904 a500 4.10 rear all Street no race gona sitt in a hotrod weith ca 3000 pounds any sugestions .....

Melling SPD-22
340 cam grind:

Screenshot_20211119-064608_Firefox.jpg

Hi you all im pulling my hair on finding a dicent cam for my street engine .....
Specs:
318 std bore comp 9:1 ported 302 heads bigger ex valves roller rockers match ported mid rice intake eddy 750 msd 6al blaster coil 1 3/4 block huggers dual 2.5 ex stock 904 a500 4.10 rear all Street no race gona sitt in a hotrod weith ca 3000 pounds any sugestions .....
What intake & carb specifically? Roller rockers no problem, what ratio? Be sure lift doesn't require more of the guide tops cut down.

Specs:
Did you cc the heads and stuff and calculate an actual 9 to 1 compression? Also thats a carb big enough for a 440. I think a 600 would better suit it. Also do you know what the converter stall is?

The reason you’re having a hard time finding a cam on the shelf is that flat tappet cam cores for SB Mopars are currently in short supply.

The reason you’re having a hard time finding a cam on the shelf is that flat tappet cam cores for SB Mopars are currently in short supply.

I waited 2 months for the comp cam for my fathers BBC cam. Let's go Brandon..

Did you cc the heads and stuff and calculate an actual 9 to 1 compression? Also thats a carb big enough for a 440. I think a 600 would better suit it. Also do you know what the converter stall is?
Yes the heads are cc and yes i knowe the carb is on the big side but works ok as i wrote the tranny is stock stock converter

Ok thanks look as god as any comp cams crap not to imprest whid quality on the comp cams look at my other tread

I don't know what negative experience(s) you've personally had with COMP, but i've never had an issue with their stuff. I'm making over 600hp with a comp cam and the cam was hand picked by one of the most reputable engine builders in the country, who just so happens to be a member here. Sorry if you had a bad experience, but it never ceases to amaze me how guys slam COMP so frequently on here and when asked why, they say things like, well my buddy..or COMP uses chevy lifters, etc.

I don't know what negative experience(s) you've personally had with COMP, but i've never had an issue with their stuff. I'm making over 600hp with a comp cam and the cam was hand picked by one of the most reputable engine builders in the country, who just so happens to be a member here. Sorry if you had a bad experience, but it never ceases to amaze me how guys slam COMP so frequently on here and when asked why, they say things like, well my buddy..or COMP uses chevy lifters, etc.
If you look at one of my recent post on comp cams you might understand me bettet and yes iv used comp cams products before whid no problem but the run down lifter on my new xe268h is not ok all is done acordingly to spec and belive me this not by far my first engine build

If you look at one of my recent post on comp cams you might understand me bettet and yes iv used comp cams products before whid no problem but the run down lifter on my new xe268h is not ok all is done acordingly to spec and belive me this not by far my first engine build

I get it, that's rough to deal with. I've wiped two MPP cams. I'll only run rollers from here on out.

Isky 280HL. Hyd flat tappet. It is on 108 LSA, which will liven it up. Have your factory lifters re-faced.

Isky 280HL. Hyd flat tappet. It is on 108 LSA, which will liven it up. Have your factory lifters re-faced.
Litel bit on the heavy side for my stock convertet and a bit lo numera on the ex duration but i think this is a better canidate than a xe268h

-
Back