Cam survived

-

Muswagon

Reaction score
Well after making just about every mistake in building my first engine…like starting it and shutting it off a few times, pulling it because of a noise etc, the cam survived the 20 min routine at 2k rpm ish

It was either the fuel pump rod, the pump itself, or the fact that the oil shaft was so tight I had to tap it out with some decent force

Anyway, went with Holley red pump and I was able to burnish the bushing that was already in the engine.

Does not sound as nice as it should, massive header leak on pass side and massive exhaust leak on drivers, hodge podged it together to work, car has 2.25 from 30 years ago so made some crude connections to the extension tubes that bolt to the tri y’s.

I have a new TTI full exhaust to go on, and a pair of venom 250 mufflers

Anyway, quick Vid of it down at idle before shutdown

I'm not criticizing, lord knows I've done some sketchy things but WHY would you "hodge podge" it together only to have to come back LATER and do it AGAIN? Quit dickin around and do it right NOW or you'll end up really screwin somethin up and hurting something for real. You're trying to hurry it and that never pays off.

Hodge podge for breakin is what I meant, it was all there so why not. New exhaust going in this weekend

-
Back