camshaft for slant six with draw through turbo

-

Sc2ner

Reaction score
Ok, looking for advice on a camshaft for a draw through turbo slant six. The car will be a street only daily driver with 7-8 psi of boost.. Car has been a daily driver for the last two years and will continue to be. I do pull a 4x8 trailer often, lawn mower, trash, etc.
The car a 64 Valiant 2dr sedan, 833 for speed with the S6 gear set, 3.55 gears. The motor is .040 over, cast flat top pistons .180 in the hole. The head has light porting, Engine builder valves, has not been shaved. Turbo is a NOS Air Research Tbo4 for an 81 Buick Regal Turbo Coupe.
I have emailed Howard and Erson cams.They both seem to be pointing to there bigger cams. Erson the TQ30m and Howard their 256 Dur .473 lift cam. I'm thinking the Howard 250 Dur .450 lift would be better. With towing, not racing, and getting the turbo to spool faster. Worried the power band will be too high. Not wanting to spin it past 5200.
Oh forgot, carb is a Carter 625 and intake will be modified to work like a Martin/Accel draw through set up.

I think they are both crazy. I like split pattern. Something around or even slightly over .500 lift with no more than 230* @ .050. Maybe like 218 and 228 @ .050 and ground on a 114. A solid of course.

Sc2ner, what the LSA of the cams they recommended. That will be the biggest determining factor for a FI setup. As Rusty said 114+LSA

-
Back