Can '64 Dart Temp Gauge Be Adjusted?

-
Thanks @Mattax, that's reassuring. My initial concern was the gauge/sender actually operating, but I now know it operates and I have a point of reference regarding temps.
No owners manual, but I have a FSM, I'll have to see if the specs are in there. 250* may be the boiling point for coolant under pressure, dunno, just speculation.
I'm gonna speculate my non-linear gas gauge is due to an aftermarket sender. I noticed a new looking lock ring on the sender when I was replacing brake lines.
The gauge reads full, goes to 1/4 tank around 110 to 125 miles. When I first saw it close to 3/8 tank it only took 7 gallons!
It's real slow going to empty, I do know it's out of gas at E...
About 1/3 of the space below the 1/4 mark I put in 9.7 gallons, so again it works and I have a perspective of just where the level is.
Next time it gets low I'll pull the sender and run it through it's range of motion and compare that to the gauge reading. One thing I'm not 100% sure is the tank sender ground, I didn't look/notice when I was last under the car. I'll try to get to that shortly.

-
Back