Can a 73 duster be modified to be a demon

-

SgtLee511

Reaction score
I may upset the plymouth world, but i am trying to modify a 73 body to accept a 72 demon front grill and front pan. Has anyone done this and is there reproduction metal available to rebuild the pan under the grill and below the bumper etc. I dont recall what those pieces are called. I HAVE SOME OF THE DEMON METAL THAT RESHAPES THE FENDERS BUT MY DEMON PARTS ARE SAD, AND MY DUSTER FENDERS ARE EXCELLANT SO IM NEEDING TO USE THEM.

Sell or trade your Duster front clip. Find a Dart or Demon front clip with bumper, a Demon tail panel (available new). Not sure if rear bumper will work but the 73 bumpers were much larger, to make it look Demonish you will need a new rear bumper also. the doors are different on the inside panels which the handles are in a different location and the door glass is not the same starting in 73. Don't hold my feet to the fire on all of this but these are some of the differences I have seen between the Duster and Demon of different years. BTW it's your car build it your way!

The 73 rear bumper is the same as the Demon and 70-72 Duster bumpers

I may upset the plymouth world, but i am trying to modify a 73 body to accept a 72 demon front grill and front pan. Has anyone done this and is there reproduction metal available to rebuild the pan under the grill and below the bumper etc. I dont recall what those pieces are called. I HAVE SOME OF THE DEMON METAL THAT RESHAPES THE FENDERS BUT MY DEMON PARTS ARE SAD, AND MY DUSTER FENDERS ARE EXCELLANT SO IM NEEDING TO USE THEM.

You mean upset the Dodge world, right?
In all seriousness, yes. The rear will look correct for a '72 except you will need to graft on the proper tail light panel specific to Demon. There will be subtle differences in the interior reference the door tops and rear sail panel as the '73 will not be metal like the '71/'72 Demon. The front end will need Dart/Demon fenders of the '72 vintage to match your rear marker lights. You can't use the Duster fenders because the fenders are just plain different, especially the wheel lip area and the Demon uses the front fender caps the Duster does not. You will need the specific Dart/Demon hood/grille and all the supporting grill stuff and front bumper and the front chin pan from a donor.
This has been done before and hopefully the experienced will chime in but this really will not be a difficult transformation.

-
Back