Can anyone help?

-

Moparboyz01

Reaction score
Hey guys i am swapping my 383 and 727 trans out of a b-body to an a-body and i had to have a drive shaft made when i had it in the b-body. Do anyone know if theres a place to have that one cut down to fit the a-body or will it bolt rite up we dont have any shops that does that kind of stuff around here where im from. Your help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

You will need to have a shop cut it down for you. Just got to keep increasing your search radius till you find one. Or find a place and ship it to them.

I had mine done in south Louisiana but am not sure if the place survived Katrina or not (LOTS of flooding in that area). I'll dig up the receipt and contact info for you. I remember it was less than $40 and they speed balanced it to 190 mph.

As 74burnt said it has to be cut down. The B-body shaft is way longer than an A-body shaft. There are several guys from Ark on the board. Maybe one will help you with a shop near you. Look for a fellow that goes by Memike. He's from Ark and super nice guy. Maybe he'll know a place.

i noticed your from ar are you close to the mo boreder? springfield mo has a good driveline shop.

Hey guys i am swapping my 383 and 727 trans out of a b-body to an a-body and i had to have a drive shaft made when i had it in the b-body. Do anyone know if theres a place to have that one cut down to fit the a-body or will it bolt rite up we dont have any shops that does that kind of stuff around here where im from. Your help would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Here's a couple in my area if you're over this way.

Stan Hopkins Company
8370 C F Hawn Fwy Dallas, TX 75217
Phone (214)398-0636

Drive Shaft King
228 Dallas Fort Worth Tp, Dallas, TX 75208
(214) 941-7122

-
Back