• photo20.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 160
  • photo21.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 157
  • photo22.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 139
  • photo23.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 158
Your basic Federal pump? What are you trying to determine? The return fitting is angled a little different but looks just like the pump on a '69 383 I have sitting in the shop. Ran a pump like that on my 440 before switching the manual. It was off a '68 C-Body.

Looks the same as I took off my 71 340 duster--front seal was leaking. You can get a reman from NAPA for around $60. I kept the core as they only give 7-8 dollars for it. The bolt hole on the back holds the reservoir on. When I got the one from NAPA the small bolt in the back hole was crazy tight…there's a small washer inside the hole that came with the bolt. I took it back and am getting another one. The NAPA part number is 81-6735. You'll have to pull the pulley to put on the reman one. Other folks have gone with different style pumps, but make sure you get the right brackets for different style pumps. I just went back with the federal. There's also a guy who will rebuild yours for around $200. He's at Steer and Gear (614) 231-4064. That's about the total extent of my power steering knowledge! ….except NAPA does sell a power steering filter now that can be cleaned and reused….sold out quickly first day….I got one on order. Cheers!!

Your basic Federal pump? What are you trying to determine? The return fitting is angled a little different but looks just like the pump on a '69 383 I have sitting in the shop. Ran a pump like that on my 440 before switching the manual. It was off a '68 C-Body.

I'm trying to find a pump (like the one I posted) to use on the Demon with the 440. If I could walk into Advanced Auto and say I need this pump from a 68 baBaBaBa Coronet With a 440 that would make my life really easy! LOL

Also, what cross shaft bracket and linkage are the BB A body using with there 727?

For ***** n giggles, I went to rock auto and pumped in 68 Coronet with 440...they offer several different rebuild kits, or you can send yours in for a rebuild??

Mark, just looked in my 69 plymouth service manual and it sure looks the same as one listed in here?? Mount hole/screw on the back....nipple out the side....
In your 1st pic...are those 2 holes, where the mount brackets attach??
If ya want, I can take pics and post if ya want??

Mark, just looked in my 69 plymouth service manual and it sure looks the same as one listed in here?? Mount hole/screw on the back....nipple out the side....
In your 1st pic...are those 2 holes, where the mount brackets attach??
If ya want, I can take pics and post if ya want??

yes, the 2 bolt holes on the side and one in the back are for the bracket.
Take a pic if you have time! Thank you

Here they are Mark, I also included a pic of the hose routing for both 8 cyl and /6 pump

Attachments

• DSCF0121 (Medium).jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 131
  • DSCF0120 (Medium).jpg
    53 KB · Views: 115
  • DSCF0117 (Medium).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF0115 (Medium).jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 121
Yes, you can do away with all the linkage between the column and trans when you convert to an aftermarket floor shifter.

Or if he converted to a factory console shifter correct?? Not being a prick, just making sure that "column junk" can go whether you go factory orig or aftermarket??

Actually, I stand corrected. The factory floor shift cars had very similar column lock linkage like what he's looking to eliminate (See attachment). So, in that case, doing away with it would depend on the mods you're trying to do.

Attachments

• Factoryfloorshift.pdf
    368 KB · Views: 153
-
Back