Can anyone ID this wheel?

-

Idaho

Reaction score
Been going kinda crazy looking at rims for my 69 Dart. This one came up on a google image search for a different rim. The source page did not ID it. It's about what I'm after.

There's tons to choose from of course, but getting it right on the front is critical. I want an 18 x 7 with 4.75 to 5.6" backspace or an 18 x 8 with 5.6 backspace.

I think I'll find it but right now my brain is fried.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Attachments

• mystery wheel.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 316
Been going kinda crazy looking at rims for my 69 Dart. This one came up on a google image search for a different rim. The source page did not ID it. It's about what I'm after.

There's tons to choose from of course, but getting it right on the front is critical. I want an 18 x 7 with 4.75 to 5.6" backspace or an 18 x 8 with 5.6 backspace.

I think I'll find it but right now my brain is fried.

:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I can't help with the identification but I would be interested in seeing what you end up choosing.

Is your Dart still small bolt pattern or has it been upgraded to the large bolt pattern?

Yep billet specialties similar to my wheel but more money. Look at eagle alloy 225 series for that wheel at half the price.

looks like billet specialties street star

Oklacarcollecto
I can't help with the identification but I would be interested in seeing what you end up choosing.

Is your Dart still small bolt pattern or has it been upgraded to the large bolt pattern?

johnparts Yep billet specialties similar to my wheel but more money. Look at eagle alloy 225 series for that wheel at half the price.

Hey guys, thanks a bunch. Those billets are up there but the 225s are a very good option. I posted about a set of Boyd's I found on EBAY that I like a lot in another thread, post #116. I think they look great on that Nova.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=201191&page=5

So its a toss up between these two. They are fairly close in price, a bit more for the Boyd's.

The 225s come in an 18 x 8, with up to 27 mm offset which is about 5.6" backspace. If I've done my homework right, that's about the upper limit, and good for keeping the tire away from the inner fender.

Rears on the 225s I'd order in 18 x 10 with 5" backpace for a nice deep effect.

The Boyd can be had in an 18 x 7 with 5.125 backspace. Room to spare on the inside, about the same position on the outside.

They make an 18 x 10 with 3.75" backspace so it would be a very deep wheel.

Johnparts, I know you're heavy into front wheel possibilities. Do my numbers for the front sound right to you? I plan to run factory K and arms.

Thanks for the input. Those 225s are not the easiest wheel to locate.

Attachments

• BoydCoddingtonRumblerPolished.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 196
  • rumbler wheels.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 203
-
Back