Can anyone identify this bucket seat?

-

damnimcooltom

Too Cool For School
Reaction score
I traded a guy a pair of 69 Dart buckets seats for what he said were a pair of 71 Demon seats, sight-unseen. Now I have these seats, and they don't look like any Demon seats I've ever seen. The closest I can come by browsing the Legendary catalog is a 71 or 72 Plymouth B Body seat. It looks like that seat, but with fewer seams across the seat and up the back. Does anyone know what this seat came out of, for certain?

I compared the tracks on these seats to a set of tracks I have on a 68 Barracuda bucket. The stud spacing from front to rear appears to be the same, but the spacing from left to right is a couple of inches wider than the 68 seat. Can anyone confirm for me that the 67-69 A Body bucket seats used the same "pattern" for mounting in the floor as the 70-72 A Bodies?

What will it take to make these work in a 70 Swinger? I don't care too much about originality, I guess. Can I just swap the tracks to A Body tracks, or is it not that simple? Should I just get my 69 seats back, and look for a different pair of seats?

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

Seat.jpg

Almost look like b body to me. Not to sure. But ive heard that you can swap a body track onto them and make them work im going to do the same thing ive got some b body seats with hard backs im going to put in a duster. Goodluck!

I'm wrong. I did find pics of '71-'72 B body chargers with seats like that.

Here's a couple more.

darn,couldn't get those to upload.
hope the other pics work for you.

Thanks. That is what I find for 71 Plymouth B Bodies. It's very close, but the ones I have have fewer "ribs" on both the seat area and the back. It's definitely the closest I've found.

I just called the guy, and he's at Carlisle. He said he'll look around for some A Body seats for me. He said he pulled them out of a Demon. Someone must have drilled new holes in the floor of the Demon to make these fit.

-
Back