Can C-body manifolds be used?

-

My70b

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello I was wondering if stock c body manifolds will work on a 383 into a 72 dart swinger with power steering and column shift? Or any other stock manifolds? Schumachers are a bit expensive unless someone has a used pair for sale? Thanks for any info

No info from anyone? I looked on bigblock dart.com but nothing about c body manifolds Im not looking for super perfomance just a driver. Someone had to do something without buying headers.

I did a 72 Valiant with a 383, used C-body log manifolds. It had column shift/power steering. I did swap out the big steering column knuckle for a smaller swivel joint, as the drivers manifold dumped right there. I cobbled my own engine mounts together.

As far as bolting on be great , exhaust would be hard i think if it was a non performance 383 2 bbl engine , i think very hard bend made for a crossover pipe not dual exhaust , but there is a set of manifolds i had one time they were finned on the sides , from a C body looked alot like the B body high performane ones

I'm putting a 440 into my 67 Valiant and have been wondering the same things. Headers are out there but damn expensive. My motor is stock other than intake so manifolds would work of I just knew which ones would work. Please keep me posted if you get any definative information. Thanks...Christopher.

I am doing a dual exhaust when you said small knuckle what was it from? Any particular part #s or years to look for? Thanks Gene

....................I've used the C body logs with p/s, u need to mill the manifold face that fits against the head 1/16 so that it swings the bottom in closer to the block, u can even do alittle more but u may have to grind the manifold some up from the flange as it will more than likely hit the block back by the starter.......I have also used the B body HP manifolds.....u will have to shorten the steering column up to the body.....kim............

So are There any bolt on manifolds (no machine shop work) that will work and any part #s or years or models to look for? Going to English Town Sat hope to maybe find something there Thanks :cheers:

-
Back