can i reuse head bolts?

-

73goldduster

Reaction score
so i've finally got garage time lined up at my buddies to do the top end on my duster. offy intake, 390 holley, headers, high compression head, mopar performance cam. just a couple questions before its go time.

first, can i reuse my old cylinder head bolts?

next, when installing the new cam do i need to replace the cam bearings? are there indicators that they would need to be replaced? never done a cam swap myself.

also, is it too much to paint a /6 hemi orange? i just love how the color pops out a you when you open the hood. plus, it would be really wild with the lime green car.

i am freaking excited to get this done!! i've had all my parts sitting in my storage unit all winter, waiting for garage time, and it's finally here!! cant wait to post some pics/videos of my new setup.:-D

yes, you should be able to reuse the head bolts. Clean the threads real well on a wire wheel and put a little oil on the threads when you assemble it so you get a proper torque reading.

Cam bearings, should be fine to not replace them as long as there were no oil pressure issues or the bearing surfaces on your old cam are not all chewed up.

You can basically do everything wrong with those 6 bangers and they still run great.... just my opinion.

-
Back