can I see your "rear" ????

-
jjj,

That is a positively wicked looking Duster!

I also noticed that you have a pretty nice looking garage as well. Is there another tasty project lurking underneath the car cover?

john

it's a 9 second s/b camaro.

In terms of getting down the track - who knows....

the stock 833 is probably the weakest link. I'll find out in the spring because Cecil County Dragway is only 3 miles from my house. I am guessing mid 11's but I'm gonna need some new rear tires because the old non radial MT Streets have no traction.

however, track duty is not really why we're redoing the car - I really just want a kick-*** prostreet car. We'll be running that exhaust all the way to the back to move as much sound there so the whine of the blower isn't drowned out by the exhaust note.

we also installed a new zoom kevlar clutch and PP to help out the power to the ground. I had one of these in my Cobra and it rocked...

December 7, 2007 018.jpg

LILELEPANT: What size rear tires are you running? Are your springs moved inboard? Back spacing? They look great.

JJJ0923: Your car is awesome! Just throw on some turn downs before the axle and go scare the neighbors......

We'll be running that exhaust all the way to the back to move as much sound there so the whine of the blower isn't drowned out by the exhaust note.

Ahh....to have such options! lol!

Nothing better than blower whine in front, a V8 thump from the rear and the smell of race fuel on a Sunday morning. I hate you. :mrgreen:

Just kidding man, but I am jealous. :glasses8:

this intake was almost as cool as the blower setup. this was on a cobra I owned a few years ago.

cobra4s.jpg

haha no problem.. a change in cenery isnt bad now and then...we all like old cars any ways so why not a ford now and then...specially if its in that shape...

we're up and over the rear axle as of late yesterday afternoon - just waiting on a few more bends to arrive from advance auto this morning then we'll weld up the few remaining bits and mount some rubber insulated hangers this afternoon.

I've seen that before somewhere, is that a ford motorsports item?

not really - those are weber carbs. there are 4 - 2V carbs, jetting is a total *****, but once they're dialed in they're great.

another nice rear - picture posted with permission of owner - since I own Speedwake.

:)

buns.jpg

SAWEEEEET RIDE !!!! I myself like the pipes exiting out the back. My pipes were manufactured with turn down tips and exit right past the bumper. I'm not a fan of pipes coming out in front of the back wheels either. Having them stop underneath at the axles then you get all the exhaust fumes in your ride.

not really - those are weber carbs. there are 4 - 2V carbs, jetting is a total *****, but once they're dialed in they're great.

Ah....I see. I saw a very similiar set up that was supposed to emulate Webers but was in fact fuel injection.

-
Back