Can I use the dreaded "B" spindle?

-

mopowers

Reaction score
I've done a ton of research on the taller "B" spindle and some sites say not to use them due to problems with bump steer and alignment issues. I've read others where they say go for it. I've even read threads from people who have done the swap and have had no problems. Is this just like an old wive's tale or something? Can these "B" spindles off a Diplomat, etc. be used for an A body swap or not?

The spindels you want are F,M and J body spindels. I have a set, Havent used them yet.

I put the spindles from a 72 Charger on the front of my dart.
Used the newer upper control arms with the large ball joint.
The spindles are maybe 1/8" -1/4" taller, from what I can see.
I haven't driven it yet, but everything fit fine.

yes you can. since 73-b and later cars had kframe isolator bushings it was taller. I, too, was a disbeliever until I read the article at www.bigblockdart.com and was impressed. they did the math and found what you need to change to make it work. read the article, it is well worth it.

redfastback said:
yes you can. since 73-b and later cars had kframe isolator bushings it was taller. I, too, was a disbeliever until I read the article at www.bigblockdart.com and was impressed. they did the math and found what you need to change to make it work. read the article, it is well worth it.

I did read that awesome article. I just wonder why a bunch of other places say to steer clear of the B spindle. If it works, it works, right? Why are there so many reputable sites frowning upon the use of these spindles?

Thanks for the link.
I was wondering about the roll center and camber gain with the taller spindles. I have a set that I am going to try in my Valiant and now I feel even better about the decision. In my day job, we do tall spindle swaps on Chevelles and early Camaros just for the change in camber and roll center.
I didn't think there was any reason this couldn't help my little mope as well.

Kevin

-
Back