Can my exhaust be fixed?

-

myasylum

Reaction score
When I bought my engine they gave me the exhaust with it. The problem is that instead of taking the bolts off the headers they just cut off the pipes after the headers. The also welded off the H pipe on one side.
It kind of sucks, but the pipe is good and not rusted through.
How easily can this exhaust be fixed? Could extra pipe be welded on to connect to the the headers? Or would I just be better odd with new exhaust??

Thanks!

When I bought my engine they gave me the exhaust with it. The problem is that instead of taking the bolts off the headers they just cut off the pipes after the headers. The also welded off the H pipe on one side.
It kind of sucks, but the pipe is good and not rusted through.
How easily can this exhaust be fixed? Could extra pipe be welded on to connect to the the headers? Or would I just be better odd with new exhaust??

Thanks!

checker sells adapters that would slip over the exhaust to connect it to the headers. like if your exhaust is 2 1/2 od get a double female connector that is 2 1/2 id and just slip them on and weld them. could u get a pic of the h pipe so we know what you have to work with?

I noticed that this is 2" exhaust. Isn't "typical" performance exhaust 2 1/2? I will have headers too.

Also, I don't want to get the guys at the shop that are installing my engine all pissed off because my exhaust is hacked to sh*t.

Would this be a easy fix? Is it worth saving? Thanks!

DSC01141.JPG

DSC01142.JPG

DSC01144.JPG

ya that should be salvageable. they might be a lil annoyed but that will be a lot easier then trying to bend all the pieces from scrap

Thanks!

What kind of pipe does it look like I need? just a straight pipe to the headers, or does it need a bit of a bend to it??

Thanks much!

it looks to me like they might cut some off the ends idk lol. i would take it all to the exhaust shop and see what the think

it looks to me like they might cut some off the ends idk lol. i would take it all to the exhaust shop and see what the think

After the engine is in take the car and pipes to an exhaust shop to let them see it.

Around here I can get a dual exhaust from the manifolds back with glass packs for about $175.00 installed. The new pipe has an aluminized (I think that is the correct word) coating to repel rust.

-
Back