Can seem to figure out these number help please

-

73schwinger

Reaction score
So I crawled under my car today and got these numbers off the trans and engine what do they mean
Engine:9R235370
Trans:cr152545

9R - from a 1969 car built at the Windsor plant.

CR - Possibly 0R ? If so, from a 1970 car built at the Windsor plant.

The last six numbers on each would match the last six of the full number of the VIN of each car they came from.

So I've been surfing the web to figure this out on one side of my block I get the numbers 4006730-318-8 and on the other side on the ID plate I see 9R236370 neither of which match my vin numbers can you please tell what is going on?

As Alaskan_TA has posted above, you've got a 69 block built at the Windsor plant. The tranny VIN is located where the arrow is pointing on a 727...

It's entirely possible your engine has been changed sometime in the last 40 years :)

Attachments

• Demon 727 Tranny 014.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 121
As Alaskan_TA has posted above, you've got a 69 block built at the Windsor plant. The tranny VIN is located where the arrow is pointing on a 727...

It's entirely possible your engine has been changed sometime in the last 40 years :)

What would the numbers be if it's a 727

Cause where that arrow is pointing is where I got them numbers

We can not see what you have in front of you.

So, to avoid any guessing, can you post photos of the numbers you found as well as the VIN of your car?

-
Back