Can Someone help me out with these numbers

-

mddscnstrctn

Reaction score
This is not an a body, something I might buy though. But first I want to know what rearend and motor it has. The owner of it died and his son has told me it was a 318 poly then a 383 now he's not sure. he gave me numbers off the fender tag, but I can't find an online decoder that works for them. He said he wrote them down in order.

625 6 A0611036 DL43 L4B DD1

It is a 66 Polara 4 door.

Thanks Nic

Can he open the hood and tell you if the distributor is in the front or the back of the engine? That will demystify whether it's a small-block or a big-block, regardless of what the VIN says should be in there.

Bob

I do not have the vin, and I was told this is the origional motor. I was thinking about going to look at this weekend. Maybe then I can see for myself.
Thanks
Nic

Nic, it makes a diference where the #s line up under the letters but, I think we can get most of them.
'66 Polara, 4dr Hdtp, 383-4bbl, torqueflite, low trim grade blue bench seat, light/medium blue, built Oct. 6, 1965. Have fun with it. Ray

Hello Nic- I believe the old code for 383 was 061 (which does appear in that 3rd set)and 318 was forty something but like Bob said ,look and see where the distributor is located and you`ll be sure. Front=bb.Good luck ,let us know what you find when you go this weekend to see it.

Thanks guy. Well I do know that it is a 4 door and light blue, so you should be correct. With a 383 this should have an 8 3/4 rearend right. I rounded up rims and tires for it yesterday. Hopefully I will be picking it up this weekend. For some reason this guy pulled it out into the timber about five years ago and dropped it in a mudhole. Hopefully I can get it out and not have to wait till May or June for the ground to dry out. I plan on getting there today to check it out for myself.
Thanks
Nic

-
Back