Can someone point me in the right direction?

-

72DartGuy

Reaction score
I’m trying to figure out which hinge covers to use on these seats. They have the plastic backs on them. Can someone tell me which ones are the right ones? Thanks!

7F357777-D23E-4A89-9217-20CB98FB757E.jpeg

What year vehicle is the seat from? Does it have a push button to release the seat back?

I think the bucket seat hinges for high back bucket seats were shared with the A E and B Body platforms.

Here's a 72 Demon seat back and hinge but it has a push button release.

numbers-matching-1972-dodge-demon-shows-up-nimble-and-sporty-for-340ci-glory_15.jpg

My seats don’t have locking backs. I wouldn’t mind if they did. I think my seats are from a 71 Dart

all 1971 seats lock and have buttons. Some 71's are full plastic covers with chrome buttons same as 72, Some early 71's are the same as 70 and have metal hinge covers with black buttons. Van seats do not have locks and can be made to fold. Looks like you may have that style.

all 1971 seats lock and have buttons. Some 71's are full plastic covers with chrome buttons same as 72, Some early 71's are the same as 70 and have metal hinge covers with black buttons. Van seats do not have locks and can be made to fold. Looks like you may have that style.
You think I have van seats? Would they still work with bucket seat tracks? I’m gonna be bummed if they won’t work in my car. I thought earlier seats didn’t have latches. I just had these recovered.

I know some people that used them and they said they fit in. Just don't carry any heavy packages on the back seat. Under hard breaking you'll get pushed into the steering wheel.

-
Back