Can someone tell me the name of this part?

-

1970dartcustom

of the Moore clan
Reaction score
I do not have a picture, because they have been ripped off of my car. It is a 1970 Dart, and the previous owner said he was "gully-hopping" in the Dart a decade or so ago and ripped off the (frame bracket mount things?) that the shocks connect to.

The whole (frame tabs things)were ripped off and need new ones re-welded on. But, the problem is i do not know the actual name of the pieces, and therefore I cannot find any... Maybe I need to have them fabricated??? ANyone know?

Shock mount plates? If so, they also hold the rear end to the leaf springs.

The shock studs do break off sometimes, but reproductions are available for the larger rear end housings.

And top or bottom of the shocks?

If the shock bolts ripped loose from the upper rear mount, it is not an easy fix.

I do not have a picture, because they have been ripped off of my car.

At the very least, post a pic of the area that you are talking about. You will get better informed answers as to what to do. Just curious, did the car have air shocks on it by chance?

Without a picture of what you are talking about, all we can tell you is it's either a thing-a-mabob or doohickey....

If you are looking for a crossmember or a section of one to patch, hit me up. It would be a bunch less than that AMD piece.

If crackedback don't get you fixed up i have a few nice originals as well PM me

If you are looking for a crossmember or a section of one to patch, hit me up. It would be a bunch less than that AMD piece.
Yeah, those new ones look spendy! I gotta see what my old man wants to do, when he has something in his mind. better just let him go :) I'll let ya know, thanks!

-
Back