Can someone tell me

-

Sully_PA

Reaction score
The bolt size of the 2 bolts that hold the brake caliper on the hub itself? I have the upper control arms and the rotors and all but I'm missing is the 2 bolts...thanks

I could, if we knew what year, type, brakes that your working on.

What do you mean by, attach to the hub? :dontknow:

Brake rotors, & hub, are attached together.

Thats the thing not sure what year they are ..4.5 bolt pattern though..took em off a 67' dart but I'm sure they were added later as it was a /6 originally .....And i mean the 2 bolts that attach the caliper to the hub ....like in this pic ...this isn't mine just an example ...the shiny bolt and the other

F1r-UOCUsUbzZ-M2TUw_qBjWBWj7EwqWu9VNJ4ADFYE=w381-h508-no

FYI
Those are Kelsey Hayes, 4 piston caliper, disc brakes, used on the A body cars from 65-72.

And they are 4 inch, small bolt pattern, NOT 4 1/2 inch.

And the caliper mounts to the Spindle, or knuckle, as it's can be refered to, also, not the Hub.

Those are special bolts.
A member here, Hemidart67 has repoped them for sale, but he now might be out of stock.
Do a search on him.

But they are 7/16 x 20 x 1 3/4 inch in length, if you can find regular grade 8 bolts to use, in that specific length, and diameter and thread pitch.

Look here.
I'm going to bookmark his posting, for my future reference, also.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=305427

If you measured, and are indeed 4 1/2 inch bolt pattern, then someone had a machine shop drill the rotors and hubs, out to that bolt pattern, or bought Ford Mustang rotors, and had them remachined internally, to be used on those Mopar spindles.

-
Back