"Can this be fixed or toss it"

-

Mtrhead

Ace of Spades ♠️
Reaction score
Restoring a set of lower control arms and noticed a crack around torsion bar pivot area in frame of arm can this be welded without seizing up the pivot arm???any ideas greatly appreciated. I'm leaning on replacing it and relocating the sway bar tabs to other one..really hate to if not necessary.. ..dont own a welder would have to get shop to fix ..

15610000046288509367285762365128.jpg

15610000416398299563736088785514.jpg

15610000829903500417136345087404.jpg

Have a buddy with a fab shop he will fix for free if it is possible without affecting the torsion bar /pivot base from operating smoothly

In the dozens of pairs of lower control arms that i have rebuilt, i never have seen a crack in that area.
So if you don't weld, then your going to have to pay a welder in your city, the going labor rate to get it done.
Also, surgically removing a sway bar mount tab from the cracked one, isn't the easiest thing to do, either.
I use band saws, hand held grinders, Dremels, bench grinders, in doing that.
Time consuming.
Then your going to have to find a lower control arm without a sway bar tab on it, then pay the welder to also weld on the tab.
Or try and find a single LCA with the factory tab already on one.
Right now, i'd tell ya, find out what a welder would say.

What side is it ? I believe I have an extra Pass side LCA with S/B tab that I'm not going to use . LMK, C

What side is it ? I believe I have an extra Pass side LCA with S/B tab that I'm not going to use . LMK, C
Ask the op what year car that he's working on.
65-72 tabbed LCA's are one style.
And
73-76 are another style.

Hey chris it's the passenger side 65-72 style much appreciated even if you dont have one !!! Also thanks for great info guys!! The Masters have spoke!!!

Big Thanks To Chris !!!Saved me a bunch of cash, time, stress!!!

Damn, I see many !! I might need to inspect my uppers now!!!

-
Back