can you help identify this 4 speed

-

maxx

Reaction score
I have recently got a hold of a 833 4 speed. I know the housing is cast iron the person whom i got it from says it is a abodie the casting numbers are 3a c96561h they are on the side of the gear box there is also numbers on the cover where the shifter goes they are c 95664w any help would be great.

thank you for your help with the diagram and article it does look like a a body because of the shifter location but is there any why on decodeding the cast numbers to what year it is thanks again.

thank you for your help with the diagram and article it does look like a a body because of the shifter location but is there any why on decodeding the cast numbers to what year it is thanks again.

On the passenger side of the trans there is a flat pad with a number stamped into it. It should be something like pp8333249, the last 4 numbers are the date code on the chrysler 10,000 day calender, if you can post that 4 didgit number, we can tell you what day, and year it was built

im sorry to say that i dont see any number that resembles that the only other number i see is on the tail shaft opposite of the 3 hole shifter mount and what i can make is c96708 but the 8 is hard to tell it might be a 6 that is all the numbers i see on the gearbox

that is a 66 or 67 trans. therefore it wont have the boss or stampings referenced above. small yoke main shaft trans.

-
Back