can you help me locate this high pressure power steering hose for me.

-

1nasty_dart

Reaction score
Hey guys I picked up a 1968 dart gt that had a 273 in it now has a 340 out of a 71 swinger .the high pressure power steering hose snaped at the flare where it goes into the pump. Well for some reason I can't find the hose for my model and I ordered one for a 71 and 69 looked similar but they aren't. I also went to a local speed shop To have them make one but they can't make the bends . does it need to have the bends?? Or can I just have a line with fittings. Here's the one I pulled out if anyone can tell me where to get this would be great !

Attachments

• IMG_20150404_135542716.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 261
  • IMG_20150404_135618129.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 242
  • IMG_20150404_170709418.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20150404_170720314.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 239
I've been looking for one too. have you tried Firm Feel? PS hose is different then hydraulic hose.

I would look elsewhere to get one made. They can't make the bends?

Is there enough left there to re-flare it and it still fit?

I looked at my 67 Barracuda. The hose is similar but the bends are not exactly the same. The metal bends on both ends are there for a reason. As the fluid goes through tight bends, the forces can be very high. The discharge pressure from the PS pump is over 1000 psi. There has to be extra length on the hose to absorb vibration between the pump and the gearbox.

A new pressure hose to match yours is very likely available, you just need to find the right one.

I've been looking for one too. have you tried Firm Feel? PS hose is different then hydraulic hose.
is it rare or something that no one has it ? And the speed shop i went to recommended me to this place that makes them so I gotta try them out this week.

I would look elsewhere to get one made. They can't make the bends?

Is there enough left there to re-flare it and it still fit?
they use a braided hose but they said they can't reflare it due to the bend because they need more room.

I looked at my 67 Barracuda. The hose is similar but the bends are not exactly the same. The metal bends on both ends are there for a reason. As the fluid goes through tight bends, the forces can be very high. The discharge pressure from the PS pump is over 1000 psi. There has to be extra length on the hose to absorb vibration between the pump and the gearbox.

A new pressure hose to match yours is very likely available, you just need to find the right one.

Thank you , I m going to try this company that is suppose to make them

are the metal ends ok? go to industrial / tractor place (some larger parts stores, NAPA) who make hydraulic hoses

chop off metal ends close to hose. replace with made hose, several ways to do that. good hydraulic hose "man" knows this

I found this on the plews Edelmann parts guide

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 228
These are the cross references to the plews edelmann. I entered the plews p/n in the cross reference look up to get this. Being an alternate p/n it won't be exactly as original.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 194

Attachments

• image.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 199
The ebay part looks like pn 70333 from Classic Industries or FD324 from Year One. It's also at O'Reilly, but the price seems to be obscene.

I use industrial hydraulic hose.

same as tractors loaders etc. my deere has same kind of hoses.

those are rated 330 bar so thats about 4000 psi, zero worries that gona pop.

I bought one from rockauto 3 or so years ago and it's worked fine.

One more thing. Maybe you should give instructions on how to get an engine so sparkling clean. It is gorgeous!

Can you get a number off the gearbox? If you found out the donor for that I bet you would find your application.
C

You can just get the hose made at most Napa parts stores. They have the correct ends. The trick though is to make a mock up hose by cutting an old hose to length and then taping the old ends on at the exact angle you need. Then tell the Napa guy to copy it. I had the hose you need made just a couple of weeks ago. It was pricey, $65/70 bucks or so. It was worth it though IMO because it fits perfectly and is exactly the correct length.

1 nasty dart, I hate to change topics, but what headers are you using? They look like they are routed way better than mine. I can't keep my spark plug boots off of them.

-
Back