Can you help me with photos of your original 74 Duster bench seat hinge covers?

-

cruiser

Reaction score
Hi All: I think that I may have the wrong hinge covers on the bench seat in my 1974 Duster. I need to replace mine, and there are several styles of replacement covers available on e-Bay. I'm not sure which ones to buy and I could use your help. If you have a 1974 Duster with the bench seat interior, could you send a few photos of your covers? I've attached two photos of my existing covers, which I think may be incorrect replacements from a prior model year. I've also attached a photo of the covers that Classic Industries sells, which must be painted. I suspect that the Classic covers are the correct ones for my car, but I'm not sure. Please be sure that your photos are the factory original covers, if possible. Many thanks!

IMG_3732.jpg

IMG_3735.jpg

MD2018100.jpg

Last edited:
Hi All: I think that I may have the wrong hinge covers on the bench seat in my 1974 Duster. I need to replace mine, and there are several styles of replacement covers available on e-Bay. I'm not sure which ones to buy and I could use your help. If you have a 1974 Duster with the bench seat interior, could you send a few photos of your covers? I've attached two photos of my existing covers, which I think may be incorrect replacements from a prior model year. I've also attached a photo of the covers that Classic Industries sells, which must be painted. I suspect that the Classic covers are the correct ones for my car, but I'm not sure. Please be sure that your photos are the factory original covers, if possible. Many thanks!

View attachment 1716052188

View attachment 1716052190

View attachment 1716052351
PROBLEM SOLVED: I've found the correct hinge covers and installed them on my car, and here's what I've discovered. First, I was mistaken about the hinge covers. The black e-Bay set shown above and being advertised as the correct set for my car is inaccurate. I'm not sure what cars they actually fit, but the correct ones for a 1974 Duster bench seat are the ones shown in the first photo above. I've spoken with the original owner of the car, and he has confirmed that the hinge covers in the first photo are the original ones from the factory. I also examined two 1974 Dusters at a salvage yard. Both had their original sets of covers which matched the ones shown in the first photo above. I then purchased a set of repro covers on e-Bay ($28.50 with free shipping) and used my gold interior paint from Herb's Auto Parts to paint them, then installed the left (driver's side) cover on my seat hinge. The right (passenger) side original cover is perfect and will stay on the seat. BTW, the e-Bay cover set that I ended up buying was being advertised as the correct pair for a 67 - 69 A body ONLY. Obviously, that was wrong too. The finished product is shown in the last photo below, and it looks great. Anyhow, just wanted to pass along what worked for me. All my best to my MoBros and MoSis'. Be well, all!

IMG_3780.jpg

IMG_3782.jpg

IMG_3787.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back